Oceanside Women's Health (Dr Christopher Price) collects and manage your personal information including health information and may outsource some of his administrative, management and IT infrastructure services to Virtual Medical Office Pty Ltd (VMORE). Both the practice and outsourced providers are bound to comply with the Australian Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and other relevant laws about how private health service providers handle personal information (including but not limited to patient health information).
What information is collected
The personal information collected relates principally to your diagnosis and treatment and may include medical records and history, appointment details, medical correspondence about you, test results as well as information about your own wishes regarding health care. When you attend the practice a record is made containing your name, address, contact details and other information such as the nature of your problem and your family history.
How is this information used
Oceanside Women''s Health (Dr Christopher Price) and authorised outsourced staff access your personal information to facilitate the provision of health care services to you and may need to access such information in the process including;
- database maintenance, management reporting, managing patient appointments;
- billing of professional services;
- transcription of clinical correspondence;
- processes relating to risk management, safety and security and general support;
- education of healthcare workers or medical students at the practice;
- in an emergency where your life is at risk and you cannot consent;
- to maintain medical records as required under law; or
- for other purposes required or permitted by law.
Disclosure of your personal information
Oceanside Women''s Health (Dr Christopher Price) and authorised outsourced staff will not disclose your personal information to any other persons or organisations for any other purpose unless:
- you have consented;
- the use or disclosure is for a purpose directly related to providing you with health care and you would reasonably expect us to disclose your personal information in this way;
- We have told you that we will disclose your personal information to other organisations or persons; or
- We are permitted to by law.
Need more information
1. how your personal information is secured, managed and communicated; and
2. who to contact if you have questions or complaints regarding privacy or the information we have collected;a